A little about me
I’ve worn a lot of hats for my employers and my clients. Whether they needed a simple flier designed; a film reviewed, or a prototype for a mobile web site. Its my goal to be creative, inspiring, and always strive for excellence no matter how big or small the project.
- Skilled content strategist with extensive knowledge of web content management systems (CMS) methodology and structure,
- Strong user experience/design, and web application development experience
- Proven ability to generate and execute print, Internet and social media initiatives.
- Experienced project manager with ability to oversee multiple tasks.
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills.
- Experienced writer, editor, graphic designer, and award-winning web producer.
- Self-starter, goal oriented.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills.
- Exceptional Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Muse)
- Experience in small and large company environments
- Comfortable managing and working in Agile/Scrum environments.
- Experience in project management methodologies and web-based project management tools (Basecamp, Jira, MS Project).
- Strong wireframing and prototyping skills using Axure, Photoshop, and Adobe ExperienceDesign.
- Strong collaborator.
Content management, content strategy, web content auditing and analysis, technical writing, feature writing, editing, copywriting, web design, production management, operations management, software support, exhibition design and development, graphic design, environmental design, screenwriting, photography, web analytics and KPI development.
By the numbers
Ed is a strong web developer with an equally deft design eye. He’s an excellent collaborator with good follow-through skills.
Ed is a master at executing various roles within a digital production workflow. He understands the complexities of managing large content and user databases, how to best integrate emerging web technologies into a development methodology, and can roll up his sleeves to design and code when necessary.
Edward was inspirational as a co-worker and inspiring as a team leader. He has the rare gift of being amazingly creative while at the same time having a thorough understanding of technology, and how to apply it so that it brings the creativity to life. Edward is always working to stay ahead of the curve — learning new technology and teaching others so that they can improve their skills. He is a natural leader. He inspires others to do their best, and has the innate ability to bring out the best in his coworkers, while motivating them to stretch their skills and try new things. Always innovative, Edward is a trailblazer for the online media arena—a delight to work with and a vital team member.
Edward was by far one of the most talented and creative graphic artist/designers at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He understood the dymanics of the sales process and was willing to facilitate that process, even when it meant putting in extra time to get the job done. Edward is truly one of a kind.
Service with a smile. Ed is a great person to work with, he always has a smile and good attitude. He has always stepped up in different situations and offered to help out. His skill set as a designer, developer and project manager comes in very helpful when running larger projects. It allows him to fill voids as the project moves forward, which in turn allows us to cut cost and keep projects moving. In a small company with limited resources someone who can fill several roles is always a great person to have on staff.
I have worked with Edward for over 5 years. His team and mine had to work closely together to implement projects. There are three traits that sum up Edward’s abilities:
- Focus on getting the project done correctly and on time no matter what.
- Ability to develop and implement solutions on the fly.
- Looking forward and planning for what comes next.
A lot of people have technical proficiency, but lack a work ethic or are rigid in their thinking. Edward has demonstrated technical proficiency and design proficiency along with the work ethic and vision to successfully plan and implement projects.
FORM AND FUNCTION
While my interest leans toward modern and abstract, I’m an admirer of all art forms: visual, dance, music, theater. I collect art as frequently as I can. When I find an affordable piece of art I’m almost compelled to add it to my collection. My next goal is rolling up my sleeves and create my own art!
Some of my fondest memories growing up are watching films with my mom on sick days. Her passion became my own and motivated me to become a film critic. As a member of the African American Film Critics Association, there’s nothing more fulfilling to me than escaping into a great film.
EAT ME, SPEAK ME
Like most foodies, I enjoy exploring the gastronomical landscape of Atlanta and every city I visit. But I also feel homespun food is an essential to my pantry and my palette. I enjoy being in the kitchen and love canning as an alternative to store-bought pickles and preserves.